Introspective Advent : #3 Sport and Exercise

03 décembre 2013

Today's Introspection: sports and exercise

My 2013 objective/wish was :

Getting back to regular exercise every week. Be gentle but constant.


What I succeeded at :

I joined two different types of sports club during the year. In the first part of the year I went to a Pilates class and then, when I went back to work, I bit the bullet and joined a gym. 


The difficulties I encountered :

I wasn't having fun ! The first part of the year was very beneficial, my Pilates teacher was really a nice and intuitive woman. I had several one on one classes with her and she helped me stretch so well I felt new each time I came out. But truth was, I missed a good moving around, feeling a bit of pain, the energy relief from sweating. I also realized that although I loved water I hadn't been to a swimming pool in ages. And that was something I wanted to get back to, it feels natural.


The key learning I can remember from 2013:

I need diversity and convenience, given that I'm not that into sports to start with. The gym I go to is a good option for me : it's on my way from work, the timetable matches my own pretty much, and I like the different activities they offer.

This pic is from last year. We did a little excursion with friends in the forest.

My objective for 2014:

I'd like to be more consistent. Since I've registered I've been 2-3 times every week, except the last as I was down with a cold, but it would be nice to do more of a 3-4 times thing and at least once when I'm under the weather. I'll try to catch up during the holidays.
The other thing is new : I'd like to go by bike to school. My school is now not so far from my house and it's only poor timing that made me go by car most days. 
Lastly I'd like to get more active with my boyfriend on the weekends. Especially go on walks. We're both prone to discard exercise if the weather is not to our liking and I think it's a mistake. 

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire