Introspective Advent #4 Looks and Style

04 décembre 2013

Today's Introspection : Looks/Style 


My 2013 objective/wish was:
I didn't have a particular objective starting 2013 concerning my style, my wardrobe editing or my purchase habits. The truth is I'm constantly editing my wardrobe, and usually when something comes in something goes out. I actually have to stop myself from getting rid of ill fitting clothes otherwise I wouldn't have much left to wear, and some outfits wouldn't be possible.


What I succeeded at:
I believe I only bought pieces I liked during the year or things I needed. This is mostly due to the fact I rarely go shopping for clothes (maybe once a month), and that I don't fall easily in love for a piece of clothes. Everything is weighted before I acquire it.
I finally invested in proper training gear and that was really motivating to get back to sports. I had been putting it off for a while, but it makes such a difference to feel comfortable in gym wear!
I also did well inventing outfits with what I had.


The difficulties I encountered:
There are a few difficulties, but the one I struggle most with is : being comfortable and feeling attractive at the same time! I want to feel warm, to not think about the way something is going to look so I can move around freely in the classroom, be active but I want to my clothes to be flattering.

The key learning I can remember from 2013:
This comes from The Nife post about the Weak Zone, the part of your body you neglect. I definitively neglect my upper body part especially because I'm extremely flat chested. 
Another thing : I realized I still loved having accessories but that I wanted better quality ones. I get less tired of them when I've chosen them carefully. 

My objective for 2014:
- find a gold and a silver accessories "uniform". This means a set of earrings/necklace/rings/watch I can wear in silver or gold and that will fit several outfit. 
- find my "style statement". I already bought the book. 
- get more comfortable underwear (including socks) I can wear almost every period of the month (pun intended) in style
- get proper hoisery (it can be so versatile!)
- get rid of the clothes I still keep that "maybes"
- go shopping! I often don't buy clothes I like or need, I just "make do" with what I have. Honestly at this point it is not about minimalism but more about neglecting this outter part of me and that's not satisfying. 

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire