What's ahead : yearly goals and the word of the year

05 janvier 2014

          Yearly Goals

So, what are my goals then for 2014? 

I did work on those and will give them proper power this year.

Like a lot of people I used the workbook Unravelling the Year Ahead by my fave blogger (I did say I have a lot of favourites) : Susannah Conway. I love her because she keeps things real, she's not the type who will go "5 ways to get what you want" "say no!" or "say yes!".  I've been following her for quite a while, when her blog's name was "Ink on my fingers", when she didn't have any idea whether she'd be a professional photographer instead of a journalist, when she went to retreats as participant, when she started writing her book etc. I've seen her grow and she was a complete inspiration. She's the only blogger I've financially supported by buying her book, and joining her ecourses (I'll do some reviews one day).


Anyway, enough raving about my girl crush.  

Here are the main goals I'll dedicate myself to this year :

1. Make new (female) friendships and improve on the relationships I have
2. Family, give them more time
3. Learn and read
4. Write
5 Declutter, organise and decorate


I decided I would also give myself monthly goals related to the yearly goals that will be specific to the time of the year and reflect the evolution of my desires.

          The word


I find the exercise a bit fastidious. I never seem to be able to come up with a word that feels right. This year is not different. I force it a bit on myself but what it does is that it does reflect how I want to feel this year. I want to be



You have to know I'm a type 4 (from the Enneagram). This means :
  • I struggle a lot with envy and satisfaction.
  • I have a hard time choosing between incarnation and imagination (I stay way too long in the latter). 

So this word will push me to get over my faults and get real, it will also push me to admire the present and what I already have.

I'd like to feel accomplished as a teacher, an artist and a woman.

This last part is extremely important, maybe the most important.

Teacher and artist (writer, drawer, photographer), that's work, I can only count on myself and a bit of luck to make it happen.

Woman. That's something else. I can explore my sensuality alone first (I have a bit of difficulty to be in touch with my body, this is really frustrating), but then I need a partner. Same goes for my womanly aspirations (having a household, a home ; becoming a mother). The question of the partner is one I'm worried about as my current partner doesn't seem so into it as I am. I hope we'll reach common grounds.


Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire