A look over my shoulder : 2013

04 janvier 2014

I've been in quite of a rut in 2013, I started it full of good intentions but wasn't able to focus my attention on ONE thing. 

I wanted to pursue everything at once.

As a result I became pretty unhappy with myself as, somehow, I couldn't shake out the ill start of the year.

There is another reason why 2013 was hard on me, it's the year I realized there was something missing in my relationship. I was in denial about it, and went to a therapist to understand why, oh why couldn't I enjoy our everyday life instead of grieving for the fact my boyfriend didn't want commit to long term goals despite his assurance he didn't envision life without me. We were disagreeing about the if and when of having a family. This is not resolved but my approach to it is much clearer.

Despite the inside maelstrom  2013 was also a year for travel and comfort. Here are the two things I'll remember and be grateful for 2013 :

We went to Japan !

More of better quality photographs to come from our travel.


I finally got a job in my hometown!



I'm teaching English and French as a qualified teacher in my hometown. This is a great privilege, doing what you're good at and where you want to do it.



Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire